Saturday 6 January 2018

Something new at Allsorts and a special bottle of bubbles



Morning Peeps, it's Saturday so that means it's time for our new challenge at Allsorts and this week I Susan would like us to see 'Something New'. Our sponsor is Digistamp Boutique. It's a bit of a lengthy post as I wanted to share one of my Christmas gifts and also a few shares from my post earlier in the week over at the Chocolate Baroque DT blog.

My card at the top uses a new stencil and stamp from Visible Image. I started by placing a circle mask over a square of white card, then the patterned mask on top of that and used Pan Pastels to colour through to create the pattern. I then removed the pattern mask but left the circle on in place and stamped the horse image with black verfine. I stamped then the smaller horses in the set and also one of the sentiments.


My second share started as a bit of an experiment, I wanted to do something using the Black Floral set from this weeks sponsor and playing with it found my programme would allow me to do a drop shadow of the image. So immediately I thought of reflections in water, copied the image three times and printed out. Using Pan Pastels I added water and sky and then used Lavinia fairies, one of which is new (the little pair dancing in the air) and foliage stamps to build up a scene.


I had to share this photos with you, it's a Christmas gift I received from one of our son's and DIL, when they were visiting the Champagne region of France is September, one of the vineyards they visited had hand painted bottles of champagne and when they saw this one they said it had me written all over it.........I wonder why ? And it's a vintage year so a special one to savour when the cork gets popped.


Last but by no means least, here are a few of my Chocolate Baroque makes for the shows over on Hochada a couple of weeks ago, you can find more details on the DT blog here


For all these creation I used I used various elements from Seashore Dreams and Seaside Scenes stamp sets whick you can find on the shop blog by following the links.


This litter box had been sitting in my crafts room for a few weeks since one of my daughters in law 'donated' it to me do I gave it a re-vamp.





I added a few real shells collected in Majorca a year or two ago.


Have a lovely weekend all and keep warm.

30 comments:

Mervi said...

Two beautiful and magical cards, lovely seaside scene creations. It's snowing wet here, great to see summery images, and no mention of that fabulous bottle.
Enjoy the weekend;-))m

Craftyfield said...

Oh my goodness, so many makes, so many beautiful creations! Enjoy your weekend, Brenda xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a great post, love the fairies and the sea inspired cards are fab. That bottle is gorgeous

Helen said...

Happy New Year, Brenda - that champagne bottle looks fantastic - hope you enjoy the contents and save the bottle (you are a crafter, after all!)

Babs said...

Amazing makes all so beautiful in there own rights, love the sea view ones and the flowers on the bottle of bubbly are so pretty. Happy New Year.
Hugs Babs x

KarinsArtScrap said...

wow beautiful cards Brenda and projects.
Gr Karin

Astrid Maclean said...

All of them are wonderful and wow that is one amazing bottle of bubbly!
Happy New Year!!

Joan said...

All beautiful cards Brenda, I love the ocean scenes. That bottle of bubbly is fantastic, hope you have a very special,occasion to open it.

Joan

Tracy said...

You got very creative with your fairy card Brenda, I love your shadowing. Love all your seaside creations, A fantastic bottle of champagne, a very thoughtful present indeed, enjoy drinking it.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mummylade said...

Wonderful projects today, the water shadow is stunning.

Ellibelle said...

These are all fabulous cards Brenda, what a great way to use the digi. I wouldn't have a clue how to do that and not sure I've ever seen anyone else do that with digistamps.
Your chocolate baroque cards are all fabulous as well and make me wish for warmer weather even more, what a great detail with the real sea shells you collected.
Fabulous bottle you received with that beautiful artwork on it!

Linby said...

Such a variety of makes here - love them all, especially the digi work with the reflection. Love the panelled Choc baroque one too. Now as for the champagne, so jealous as I love bubbles and of course poppies - lovely thoughtful special gift too.

Glennis F said...

My favourite today has to be the horse one, it is absolutely stunning!
Interesting bottle of bubbly too, I would not want to use it, as it is so pretty

Lorraine said...

Happy New Year Brenda
What a fabulous selection of makes to start 2018 with! All gorgeous. That bottle of bubbly certainly has your name written all over it! - enjoy!
Lorraine x

pinky said...

Beautiful beautiful work Brenda. Again so many different techniques for me to absorb. Loving those reflection fairies. Will have to try that. Great work on the bubbly, looks amazing!

Wendy L said...

So many wonderful creations Brenda, xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning creations, love them all. Have a great week.

Jane said...

So many lovely makes Brenda and wow that bottle really did Have your name on it. Happy New year xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such breathtaking photos, Brenda!! The horse in the circle with the colorful pattern looks just amazing and pops so well from the white! The second one is just magical with the fairies, the reflections and the pan pastel background,it speaks with your unmistakable style!! :)
And I admired on CB blog your stunning box, such delightful and very creative project! Also the cards are fabulous!
That champagne bottle decorated with poppies really has your name on it! :D Such great gift from your son!! Hope you have enjoyed all the bubbles! :D Hugs and take care!

Liz said...

So many beautiful creations, Brenda! My favourite is the first one, what a striking design, just beautiful.
The decorated bottle is fabulous. xx

Sarah said...

Such amazing cards Brenda and it will come as no surprise that the horses are my favourite, I love the vibrant colour palette with the black...gorgeous!! xx

Kathleen said...

Fantastic collection of cards, colours and designs, oops forgot to mention the images as obviously my favourite is the bottle of Champers, so unfortunately the other lovely images lagged behind.
Hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year.

Kath x

KandA said...

Amazing creations Brenda, especially the sea inspired ones. Love that super bottle of champers with the fabulous poppies.... what a wonderful pressie xx

crafty-stamper said...

All fabulous cards and samples Brenda love the brilliant Visible Image one-and the bottle was definitely decorated with you in mind
Carol x

Gerrina said...

Wow a treat here!
Love the way you used the mask and stencil on the first and Lavinia fairie-cards you do so well!
Wonder why they thought that bottle had your name on it too! Not :)!
And your makes for CB are so inspiring again!
All that creatuvity; just like some aske me I think the same about you; "Where does she gets the ideas from?"
Hugs, Gerrina

A.Rose said...

That stay wild card is fantastic!!!

Berina RGA said...

Such beautiful creations, Brenda! I love that yo have added real seashells on that one!

ALI said...

What a beautiful selections of a cards Brenda you have been busy. x

Greta said...

Great collection of cards, Brenda! I absolutely love the first one--so unique! Great idea to use the real shells & I love the lighthouse scene with the anchor! Now that is one special Christmas present--so sweet of your son & his wife!

Fikreta said...

that gift is so nice!
wonderful cards
hugs